August 23, 2008

Visit at the Park


Rosie had her first attempt to visit with her biological father, Erik, at the park. She was so excited to see him, but felt a little uneasy after she saw him. I completely understand because she is away from what she's used to and in a different living situation right now. I have seen this so many times where the children feel so confused, unsafe, and just want something that they're used to. She is doing so well and she knows the situation is only temporary. I am so proud of her. She had so much fun with Jenn and Seth playing that she didn't want to leave.

Rosie and Seth had Jenn pushing them on the swings for a long time. Jenn and I had a fantastic time playing with the kids and we saw Margo for the first time in a long time. I didn't do very good about getting pictures of Margo or Erik which was the whole point ..... but that's okay.

It really is so sweet to see Rosie and Seth become such great friends. I love Rosie's pose because she was play fighting. I love it when you see little boys playing house or princess with the girls or girls playing super hero or fighting games with the boys.

Jason was a gentleman cowboy at the park that day. It was so funny to see him do cowboy mannerisms and complete with hat, boots, and lasso. It was so adorable.

No comments: