August 13, 2008

The Last Stimmel/Boyd BBQ in Hawaii

This was a fun day for us. It was nice to get away from all the packing and moving for even just the day. I loved my time at this BBQ because we were at the beach away from anyone else and we were on government owned military property. I know that sounds weird, but I love the military. I love the United States and being a part of it. I feel close to home when I am on any military property. No matter where I am whether it be California, Idaho, Washington, Connecticut, North Carolina, Hawaii, or even Germany; if I am on a military base I feel safe and I will always find a Popeye's Chicken and a donut shop. Anyhow! Back to the fun day. Here is Elijah, Shane, Taylor, and Adi looking out at the ocean together.
This is one of the last times I saw Ella before her haircut. She was singing me a song and about to climb onto a picnic table.
This is Leah's beautiful face right before indulging in a smore. I love the action shot of Great Grandpa Stimmel, Grammy, and Ella.
Here is Papa Stimmel explaining very important safety and smore making instructions to the three year old Adi and Seth.

No comments: