August 20, 2008

July Dahmen Family Visit


This is my wonderful sister Dorthy. Dorthy is my big sister that thought of me as a pain in her side growing up. Jenn and I was terrible for her when she had to babysit, we used to spy on her with her boyfriends, we would make jokes about her and her various friends and boyfriends, and we would never let anything 'go'. It has been so nice to get to know her more as a friend in the past ten years. I absolutely love my brother in law, Greg. I remember when Dorthy came to visit Olympia and she was so excited about this guy that was so much fun. She talked him up and I trusted her judgement, but I thought there would be no way he was as good as she was saying. I remember asking to see a picture and saying, "Wow! He is so good looking!" I was not even surprised because my sister is gorgeous, but I had to say it anyways. Dorthy, I love you and I am so excited to see you so happy.

It was so much fun spending time with Dorthy, Greg, and the new baby boy Nick. He is just precious! Nick slept a lot, whimpered a little, and when he talked it sounded like a kitten meowing. I loved the relaxing weekend we had.

Greg is so much fun. It was nice to see a man's man be so playful with his nephews and nieces and be so careful with his son. Greg thanks for being a wonderful husband to my sister. She really deserves a good man like you to have great times with. Just remember that all of the moodiness after a baby isn't her fault. We, as mothers, have to train to not go crazy with the new responsibilities and lack of sleep. I am just speaking from personal experience even though Dorthy didn't seem that bad when we spent time together.

My family really enjoyed your family and I can't wait to see you guys again whether we come to your place or you come to Olympia.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mary! This is so great. I googled my name and came across your blog! Thank you so much for saying such nice things about Greg and I… you are so sweet. I too have enjoyed getting to know you better as a friend, and I have really enjoyed seeing you and the boys more often. I love you Marz and I am so glad you moved closer to us =)