August 13, 2008

Goodbyes

This was saying goodbye to the Stimmel family. It was a difficult week. I was still not over saying goodbye to the Lowe's. At the Lowe's goodbye we all got up and dressed fairly early in the day. We busted out the pancake mix and skillet and the boys cooked breakfast while the ladies played with the kids. I had so much composure as I said goodbye to James and Erin. It was almost as if it wasn't a reality that we were all moving. It was the moment Erin turned around with James's arm wrapped around her that I burst into tears. I watched them walk away around the corner of D building and I realized that moving away from life long friends was no longer in the future. It was happening at that very moment. The next friends we said goodbye too were Kurtis, Noelle, Drew, and Brody. That didn't get any easier. When we said goodbye it was fun filled with laughter. A cute story about Drew and how funny Elijah is: When we first met Drew, Elijah kept calling her Rosie. I kept having to explain how Drew looks similar to Rosie, but they are two different people. Well, just three days ago my niece Rosie says to me, "Auntie? Your son, he won't say I'm Rosie." I talked to Eli and asked him what her name was and he says to me, "Drew." I again has to correct him a year later. He then said to me, "I can't even say it right because I don't get to see Drew anymore. She shouldn't even move to Korea. She should move to Olympia, WA." Cute story, I know. When we said our goodbyes, we embraced, then we got into the vehicle we were borrowing. As Shane pulled away I looked out my window and had to wipe the tears under my eyes that were now dripping off my cheeks and landing on my lap. Shane was chuckling at me and said that we would be keeping in touch and to stop my crying. Needless to say, that didn't make me stop blubbering.

The next goodbye was to Taylor, Leah, Adi, Ella, and Paysen. That goodbye wasn't exactly heart wrenching. I said goodbye and see you next week. Since then we have had a great time together on the 4th of July, spending time in Disneyworld together, and we will see them again in two weeks. It is a bummer that we won't live near each other though. At this goodbye Elijah was soo funny. Eli said, "I'm not even going to miss Adi and Ella, you know?" I said, "Eli?!? That's not very nice. Why not?" He had a very obvious and logical response when he said, "They are moving to Washington State and we will see them." I didn't realize that he connected that so well.


I love this picture with Shanae saying goodbye to Adi and Ella while Taylor is saying goodbye to Kali. It was so adorable. The next goodbye I think about is when we were leaving the island. We were saying goodbye to Mike, Angie, Brylie, and Tyken and I couldn't help but think about how much I enjoy their company. I think about how much I will miss relaxing in my room listening to the guitar being played from my window. I think about how amazingly talented they are: Musically and Artistically. I would miss Brylie's conversations. Boy do I miss the things she says. I miss Tyken's baby babble and squealing along with his amazing smile. I wish we had more time to get to know you guys because you really are amazing people. We'll give you good reasons to visit Seattle, and you can give us good reasons to visit Calgary. Thanks for posting pictures and music because when I have a chance I love reading and checking out your blog. We also said goodbye to Rob and Janna. I couldn't believe we missed out on getting to know those two wonderful people better. It was through your charity and love, that we were able to get so many things done before leaving. All of the service that the two of you gave made a huge impact on our stress levels and our lives. Thank you again.


The final goodbye happened before leaving TVA and at the airport. The Jones family. That was so difficult. Aaron, you have been the 'real giant' to the massive guy next door to Aaron Jones the biggest white dude we've seen in real life to a dear friend. Shane does not keep in touch with anyone he cares about, so don't use that as a judge of his feelings towards you. He misses you. Kali and Krew the children bred for the Olympics. Kali has been off and on with Seth from the beginning. We just need to make sure that Kali and Seth can be Pablo and then they can get along. Shanae, saying goodbye to you at the airport was rough but I know that in the future we'll be able to get our families together to hang out in the future. I just remember as you drove away and I was crying once again Seth and Elijah insisted that when we get to Washington and they make me a peanut butter sandwich that I will feel better. It's true, my boys did make me feel better.

2 comments:

Erin said...

agh. thinking about this still makes me cry. sad to think that i get lonely or i see groups of girlfriend moms having fun and i totally cry because i get homesick! ive cried many a times already since being out here...oh how i miss our hawaii family

Jana and Rob said...

We too feel the same about how awesome you guys are. We wished we had more time to get to know one another. I am grateful for the internet so we can still keep in touch. We were glad to help you out. I can't imagine what moving would be like with two very active boys, husband away on business, and the cutest little baby who always made me smile. You had your hands full, it was the least we could do to assist in making your transition easier.