June 15, 2008

Sunday Without Dad

The primary was so cute this Sunday. They all sang 'I'm so glad when daddy comes home'. It was so adorable. They all made ties for their dads and said happy father's day. After Primary I realized Elijah was having a rough time. I saw his face and I knew. I asked him if he was okay and he shook his head no. He wanted to give the tie he made to daddy and I told him that he could give it to daddy when daddy comes home. Elijah's eyes started welling up and he said, "I wanted to give it to him now. " he started crying and continued, "I miss him." I let him know it was okay and promised that we would take pictures and post it on the blog. Fathers really are important. I can see it more now that Shane is not here. The boys definitely take Shane for granted when he is here. I think this will be a difficult four more days, but no day will be as hard as today. I hope you feel peace and comfort in your heart Eli.
Adi and Eli in Primary after singing.
Dad, we love you!
Look at our ties for you. Eli made sure you could see the heart he drew for you Shane.
Another tie Eli colored.
Baby picture by Eli. He insisted on a close up.

5 comments:

Brett, Cassie, Taylor & Jack said...

Your boys are so cute Mary, I can't get over it! And they are so sweet too.

Erin said...

so adorable! seriously Eli was sooo sad in primary and he didn't want to sing because his dad wasn't there. But we told him it would be good practice so he could sing when shane came and how much daddy would love it. that made him feel a bit better! so cute how much they really miss their dad!

Keiko said...

Good job on making a tie and sing a song for father's day, Eli and Seth! I can see how much boys has grown from these pic. They are so much taller! Hope Eli feels better today.

Jessica said...

such a cute song. i showed shane the new blogs that you had posted, and i cute see the happiness in his eyes just to see ya'll. he misses you and so do i! love ya!!

Noelle said...

I love the idea of making a tie. So much more personal than a store bought one! Your boys are so cute Mary!