June 11, 2008

Big Sister Tribute

Okay, so I know I was trying to make a tribute to the most wonderful big sisters I've seen around, but I also wanted to show what I can do. This shows signs of cropping and editing fun. I am pleased to announce that I have found a editing program that works well for me. I get really happy when I get a chance to play with picture editing, but I also get excited when I see these beautiful big sisters. I am a little sister and a big sister and trust me, the big sister part is much harder work than being a little sister.

Adilyn and Ella Stimmel have been almost nothing but helpful for new baby Paysen. I took Paysen to my house and jokingly told Ella that I stole him and I was taking her baby to my house. I heard Ella outside burst into tears as the door shut. When I rushed out and asked what was wrong, she told me, "You took MY baby Paysen!" I gave her a smile and invited her to come it too. She got up the stairs smiling, but I saw her face had tears welled up in her eyes and streaming down her cheeks. Adi came up shortly after to say, "Mare! Paysen is not your baby! He came out of my mommy's tummy, so he's OURS! Sorry Adi and Ella for the confusion, I will never actually steal your baby.


Brylie is the proud big sister of Tyken. She is always proud to have a little talk with me about what her baby Tyken can or can't do. She likes to compare Tyken and Jacob. I look forward to the times when Brylie comes over to me just to talk. She really brightens my day, and Tyken gets a huge grin when he sees his sister. My favorite quote from Brylie is "You know ... my parents don't even like me." She just said it in a matter of fact way. Everyday I talk with her, I have new favorite things she says but that is the strongest in my memory. I know Seth isn't a very good example to Brylie about how to hold the baby brother, but thank goodness Tyken is such a tough guy.


Kali Jones is a new big sister to baby Krew. I almost never see them interact because Krew is always sleeping these days. Kali does such a good job with Krew when I do see them together. I love it so much to have Kali around especially when she is it what I like to call 'parrot mode.' For those of you who don't know, Kali is the funniest imitator ever. She will repeat words, phrases, and actions to the best of her ability. It is too much fun and hilarious.


Drew Reynolds is our veteran big sister. (Okay, so I know Adi knows big sisterhood well too.) She really knows how to take care of a baby brother. Drew cares for baby Brody, who loves having his sister around. It was funny when they came over for babysitting, Brody would only stay happy when he was playing with Drew. Drew always made sure to include Brody and bring him lots of toys. She gets so adorable when she starts talking to him all sweet right in his face. Brody loves it too!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Leah Remillet said...

Thanks "Mare" for always being such a great auntie! The picture of the girls looks so cute after you edited. Well done. Big Sisters ARE Great but I know one really great big brother and big friend... Eli is pretty great about taking care of his little bros and all his girlfriends too. :)

Noelle said...

Thank you SO much for posting this Mary! I love it! Drew's going to be so excited when I show her!

.Ang. said...

That was a GREAT post!!! we do have some pretty special big sisters around here!!!

.. and i think half of them are girlfriends to Eli as well! :)

I love the pictures too!!!

Shanae said...

Mary, you have to be the coolest person I know!! What an awesome post and tribute to all the big sisters around here, and I love all the pictures you have of the girls, SOOO CUTE!!

Erin said...

look at you and your blog. how cute blogging about everyones kids! too cute. these kids say the funniest things ever! they always make me laugh. awww...how im going to miss that group of boys and girls