June 13, 2008

Ode to Big Brothers

Big brothers have such a tough job. Their younger siblings watch their every move. They have to be an example and they set the standard for the family when they are in school. They have to be strong to stand up for themselves, and even stronger to stand up for their siblings.
Soni and William. 'Nuff said. No, really they are wonderful kids. We have all had a taste of Soni being loud in the morning, but we always think of him as a very helpful big brother. Soni makes me laugh when he tells me something about a video game or cartoon, but he is serious about the topic as if it were real life. He tries to keep up with little sister Sarah, and almost always tries to include Sarah when the boys are playing. William has not given me a reason to complain. He always puts a smile on my face when I see him. He never fails to ask me if I am going to do the same thing he is on any given day. He asked if I was going to a 'Bible thing' he was going to. If they are headed to the beach, he always asks if I am going to the beach too. He is very responsible when watching over Sarah outside, to let mom get housework and schoolwork done. He even kept an eye on Jacob for ten minutes so I could get a few things done in my house.

Elijah is almost always willing to be helpful with baby Jacob. He has a love-punch relationship with Seth. He could use some anger management when interacting with three year olds, but he does really well being a protector of babies. Elijah was sitting with Jacob in the living room while I went to fix our car battery connection (thank you Rob Potts and Jess and Rose Bradfield). I told Elijah specifically, "Do not leave baby's side. I will be downstairs." I was quite surprised to see Elijah with Jacob in his arms walking towards me downstairs by the car five minutes later. He had a grin from ear to ear as I felt panic inside I told him great job and next time I would help him down the concrete stairs. He proudly said, "Okay. I didn't even leave Jay Jay's side." Great job Eli!

Seth, oh Seth. Where do I start? First of all, we all know Seth for his wonderful choices of words such as: I don't like you. I hate it. You idiot. You're so stupid. and any number of things that end with, 'punch you in the face.' My new favorite was towards Auntie Lela, "My mom will punch you in the face." Of course our recently remembered and implemented soap in the mouth has lowered the intensity of the problem, but unfortunately other children have caught on to Seth's potty mouth (sorry Ella). Seth loves his little brother. He actually love all little brother and sisters and random babies a little too much. You can never turn your back on Seth because any innocent small child will be squeezed in a hug, tackled in a hug, or smothered with kisses. He tries really hard to be helpful with Jacob, sometimes I just think he's trying to make Jay Jay cry.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Noelle said...

You're so cute Mary for making these posts. I love them and I hope you keep blogging because your posts are always fun!

Erin said...

hahah. i love william and soni. especially soni with his sweet demeaner and he is so loving towards everyone! I love that seth said that to leah! ahah. That is something james and I say to each other sometimes. very will ferrel of him! all those boys are too cute!!! I am going to miss them all and eli yelling "i hate church, i hate little kids,

Keiko said...

I'm so glad that you started the blog, Mary! We miss you guys. Kids miss you guys A LOT. Both Eli and Seth is bigger and they sounds still Eli and Seth!!! Jacob is so cute.

Leah Remillet said...

I like what you said about setting the standard in school - so true for brother and sisters!
These two posts are so cute! Love them, your a natural blogger my dear and I couldn't be more pleased!