December 10, 2009

Duck Tales Oo-oo, Sunday, and Michael Jackson!


One of our very favorite songs is the Duck Tales theme song. The boys love to rock out in the car right before watching another episode. You all know the song.....

Life is like a hurricane here in Duckburg
Race cars, lasers, aeroplanes - it's a duck blur
You might solve a mystery or rewrite history

Duck Tales, Oo-oo
Everyday they're out there making
Duck Tales, Oo-oo
Tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales, Oo-oo!

D-d-d-danger, watch behind you -
there's a stranger out to find you
What to do? Just grab onto some

Duck Tales, Oo-oo!
Everyday they're out there making
Duck Tales, Oo-oo
Tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales, Oo-oo!

Not pony tails or cotton tails. No, duck Tales, Oo-oo!

So, we were in the middle of driving to get dinner last Sunday night after the power went out.


On a side note: It's funny because we have been talking so much about keeping the sabbath day holy the past couple months. I am trying to let Eli and Seth decide for themselves what movies, books, and games are okay for the sabbath. They have been doing pretty good about it too. The conversations we have are about how Ben 10 might not be a good video game because there is fighting off bad guys, but Mario Party is okay because it's like a board game on the TV. They have been so good with only a few little bumps. We went shopping on Friday for groceries and gas like we have been doing, but I have been trying to buy only food that I need to cook. Being pregnant with the munchies it is not good for me to have a lot of grab and go or open and eat foods around. The problem I found with that is even my canned food needed to be heated in some way, so I was not prepared for a power outage. That taught me that I needed a little more self control and need to be better prepared with crackers, meat, and cheese or sandwich stuff.

Anyhow, we were on our way to Arby's talking about other ways we can be prepared on the sabbath day. Eli and Seth had all the right answers then
I said,"Duck Tales, Oo-oo!"

Then Eli said, "Eleven, Oo-oo!" after seeing a 7-11. I laughed.

Then Seth said, "Michael Jackson had a heart attack, Oo-oo!" Eli and I just burst into laughter and couldn't stop. It was nice to have some laughter in an otherwise stressful moment. I don't like fast food anymore except a couple items that I can't eat due to heartburn, I didn't have fast food in the budget, and I hate having to use more gas in a day then I have to.

Of course after the laughter died down I had to explain why mommy laughed about something that is very serious. Heart attacks are not a joking matter. Lessons were learned by all of us that day.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Mary you make me laugh. You are a wonderful mom. OO-oo

Noelle Reynolds Photography said...

Hahahaha! That post was so funny! I remember as a child I only knew half of the words to the Duck Tales theme but I would always sing it and either make up my own words or mumble through the parts I didn't know. But I was totally singing it when you posted them! Hope you guys are doing good! Miss you!

Daniel and Belinda said...

Are they still playing Ducktales. I love that show, Watched it all the time when I was younger!