October 28, 2009

Past Cakes part 2

October 2009: Here is a better picture of Jacob's monster cake this year. He really got a kick out of it. I know the two is backwards, but I just threw it on there so I wouldn't lose track of it. I should have paid more attention to it before taking the shot, but oh well. Soo funny!

October 2008: As you must have noticed, there are no cake pictures for Eli and Seth for 2008. That's because I was in my senior year final semester in college, I was working out a ton, and just had a new baby four months before. They both had cupcake cakes made from good old Foodland! There is no shame in that! This October cake was my favorite ever so far because it was my own idea, and I did it all myself! This may sound like a little big-headed, but I am really proud of this cake! I thought of it, and it looks so good! Jacob's personal cake was a mickey mouse cake with Wall-E decorations. I did use the nicer dye from the craft store! This used very little dye to create such vivid coloring. I used a small round cake pan and cut the ears off the remaining parts from the Eva 13 x 9 pan.


This is my Eva cake. She was easy to make. I just baked a standard 13 x 9 cake and cut out the shape of Eva (and two small Mickey ears). She turned out so cute, but I really wish I frosted her more neatly. All of the smeared frosting around the edges was distracting. I know if you cut strips of waked paper and place them on top of your cake board and under your cake, then you can slide them out really easily to prevent minimal smearing on the board. I haven't tried it yet, but I mean to.


The main cake was made with different sizes of circular pans for the face and ears. I loved decorating this cake soo much! In the top right is the Wall-E that found the little green plant on a hill. Ill of the other Wall-E's are cleaning up garbage. They had different colors of frosting on their hands depending on the frosting they were near and I made the tracks as if they all went through the center black pile at some point. I actually made the tracks with a fork tipped in black and applied to the cake behind each Wall-E. I know my family loved it, Jacob didn't care as long as he could eat it, but I adored it.....and still do obviously. Elijah and Seth's 2009 cakes were also store bought this year, but I am determined to let them choose from my beloved book for 2010. Seth already said he wants a frog cake, so we shall see.

1 comment:

Erin said...

look at you! they are amazing! that is awesome...i cant wait to make fun cakes one day!