February 8, 2010

Eli's Birthday Party


Okay, here is the cake I made! I know this is about Eli's party, but let me glorify myself for just a bit. Friday night I made homemade ice cream, thanks to Jessica Boyd for giving the ice cream maker to the boys for Christmas. I made homemade butter cream frosting and a homemade yellow cake. I was so proud of myself because it looked pretty good, but it tasted even better. Shane is the master of cake baking in this house, so it was nice for mine to turn out just as good as his would have. The cake is an Alien UFO! I baked in a 9 inch round pan and a 2 quart Pyrex bowl, then cut a definite edge around the bowl cake and put it on top of the 9 inch round cake. I frosted the cake with orange and white frosting and decorated with red decorative gel, good and plenty, black licorice, gumballs, and peanut butter M&M's. I was lucky to find Aliens. These ones came out of a board game that is similar to the fishing game. It spins around, the aliens go up and down, and you have to try and grab them with a little grabber hanging from a pole. It's $10 at Target and I was super excited because they are the Aliens from Toy Story. "You have saved our lives! We are eternally grateful!"


Elijah had a great time with his friends and family. He was excited about every present he received, and he scored $90 from all the cash givers. He has a love for money and I thought for sure he would want to spend it, but he's talking about saving up for a large purchase. He doesn't know what he wants yet though.

This picture is compliments of Eli. We were so happy to have Shane home for Eli's Birthday Party. It meant a lot to Eli and I know Daddy's don't like missing birthdays. Not bad of a picture Eli! What this doesn't show is Shane's 'back to P90x' body, and my 'big pregnant belly' body. Next time Shane comes home I'll get a couple good pictures of each of us.

1 comment:

Erin said...

he is 777?!?!!? oh how i miss my little eli...where has time gone...he is all grown up now!!! and you and shane look oh so cute. i just want to hug and squeeze you guys!!!