August 3, 2009

Black Eyes & The Aquarium


Eli has had his fare share of black eyes. The culprit this time was Seth. The suspect, Seth the cowboy, was seen swinging a lasso (belt) waiting for the buffallo to run by. The victim, Elijah, then walked into the belt buckle on the end of the lasso. Who knew? The victim then began crying and proceeded to tell me that his eye had been popped and bleeding everywhere. So he's a little overdramatic. there was one pinprick size cut with one dew drop sized speck of blood. At the sight of blood all his color leaves his face and he starts to feel like he's going to throw up. He looked at the speck of blood on the paper towel and said, "Mommy, I feel like sick cuz I think my broken eye makes me feel like that." What a dramatic yesterday.
The first time I remember Elijah getting a black eye was Eli's first day of preschool over at Laie Head Start. It was all my fault that morning. I was trying so hard to pull apart two cups that had suctioned together that I didn't notice little Eli right behind me. I did, however, feel him with my elbow as it smacked right into the corner of his little eye as I managed to finally seperate those two stubborn cups. I was so afraid of all the question and answers that were going to happen on Eli's first day of school. I could picture it now: Q-"What happened to your eye Elijah?" A-"My mom hit me." Q-"Are you okay?" A-"She gave me a black eye. She just said sorry and she was sad."
Needless to say, everything turned out well.


Today was a blast! We went to the Texas State Aquarium with a family that we know from church. They had a membership and were able to get us in for free. Free is always good. We saw alligators, a porcupine, a dolphin show, a bird show, the otters, the sea turtles, and the jellyfish among many other fish. The boys were well behaved and NO ONE THREW A FIT!!!! It was a miracle and a blessing.


Seth used to be my most photogenic child, but as of late he has been the most difficult. I need to get him out of this awkward stage and back to fashion model Seth.


They had the coolest Stingray Petting Area. Jacob thought they were crazy, but Seth and Eli loved touching the rays.

3 comments:

.Ang. said...

Poor Eli... I have to admit I laughed out loud at the story!!

Seth the Cowboy swinging his lasso waiting for the buffalo to run by! hahah PRICLESS!!!

I can't believe how much older your boys are looking! They are still as cute as ever!!and I LOVE Jacobs curls!!

So cute!

Noelle said...

I love that picture of Seth! Hahaha, and I used to have black eyes all the time from running into walls and door knobs. People really did think my mom abused me! Your boys are so big. I can't believe how much they can change in a year!

Jana and Rob said...

I'm happy you're blogging again! It's been forever. You all look great. That looks like a fun place to go.