November 11, 2008

I'm back from the BLOGGING Dead


This is such a sad story with a very happy ending. Okay, so one day I sat at the computer screen and began to do the usual things like check my email, check Shane's email, and help Eli earn money on his Webkinz game and something started to happen. My throat started to feel pressure and I started to breath deeply while feeling my heart racing. I started thinking about my life and my situation and I thought, 'wow! I am so unhappy.' I am a very optimistic person and have always been happy when I am with my husband and children so I began to analyze my situation. I have been having a terrible time with my health lately. I have had terrible acne, digestive problems, and my throat has been sore. I am lucky I own good makeup because I would not leave the house without it. Not to mention that I haven't been able to sing since we came to Washington from Hawaii. I realized how lost I have been without my voice. I always used to sing around the house and I was feeling so empty. I have to lay my children down at night without singing them a song and finally now Eli just says, "You'll tuck us in and give us kisses, but no songs anymore right?" I have been trying so hard to get my health insurance figured out so I can get into the right doctors and get taken care of. I thought about how greatful I was to have my family around to help us out. Shane hasn't gotten a job since we moved and we've been living with family. I took a break and went to the restroom and after washing my hands I saw a face in the mirror that I didn't recognize. I am not vain but I was so proud of myself for getting healthy, losing weight while doing P90X last spring. I saw some weight gain due to inactivity, eating habits, and a presciption I'm on. I saw acne instead of Mary. I moped back to the computer screen and started looking up solutions to my health problems that I couldn't afford. I looked up different throat conditions and holistic aproaches to diagnose and cure throat conditions, different foods that promote health that were very expensive, and different vitamins that improve acne that were also expensive. I finally checked my email and saw a name that triggered the tears. Stimmel. Trying to fight through the tears I shot a quick email to Leah about how my cell phone was broken and can almost never recieve or return calls on it. I ended the email that said I miss you and I was just overwhelmed. I walked into my room and just thought about how I missed all the times in Hawaii with friends. I couldn't quite figure out why I was sad now and not as much a couple months ago. I decided I needed to do something about this whole problem. I knew I couldn't get Shane a job, or just buy what I needed/wanted, but I could be more proactive about other things. I feel uncomfortable working out in front of people, so living with people doesn't help that situation. I can't buy any food I want because we are being assisted from other people. I could however show up at my doctor's everyday to let them know how important and high priority I need to be. All my hard work at bugging the doctors paid off and I am seeing an allergist and an ENT next week. YAY! I had a nice weekend spending time in Vancouver with the Stimmel's for Taylor's birthday. It really made my weekend. Then to top off the wonderful weekend Shane got a phone call last night and YES HE HAS A JOB!!!!!!! He starts training on the 17th and I'll go into that later, but we are extremely excited. I was so excited about all the progress that was made for our future in just a couple days. Yesterday didn't feel as good as I thought it should. I spent time with Shane and my family, but there was still a little empty feeling. I know part of it is still not having my voice back, but I couldn't figure out what else to do. I woke up this morning at 4am, could't fall back asleep, and went to the computer again. I found myself looking up Shane's new company and places to live and I read something about Christmas that said Noel on it. My thoughts immediately went to Noelle and I started to cry. I went straight to a site that has not been looked up in a long time. My Blog. I realize at that moment what was missing. I have been so distracted with my own life and problems that I forgot to keep checking in on those that I have come to care about in the last three years. I blame it on those darn Twilight books that distracted me so much. Thanks Noelle for that. After I finished the final book I forgot to go back to blogging. I couldn't fall asleep and knew I needed to post before I walked away from the computer screen again. I miss you Shanae, Angie, Hillary, Erin, Keiko, and Noelle. I can't wait to get caught up on your lives. I'm sorry I got so self-absorbed but you'll be hearing from me more often. I love you all!



Here are a few updated pictures of the boys! Jacob just had his First Birthday on Oct. 27th and he's walking. Seth and Eli and doing well but miss their friends so much!

8 comments:

Noelle said...

Mary I miss and love you SO much!! I know exactly what you mean about missing friends from TVA and having to adjust from moving. I've been trying to be positive in hopes that it will help me make friends but there's NOBODY here like there was in our little TVA community. I'm so sorry you haven't been feeling good. I can't imagine you not singing so I can only imagine what it must feel like for you. I'm SO glad things are finally working out for you. It's amazing how that happens. We really miss you guys and I'm so happy your back to blogging! I'm not sure if I have your email but mine is Kurtisnoelle@yahoo.com. If you email me I'll give you my number and you can call me anytime!! Love you Mary!!

Hillaryous said...

MARY!

My dear... it's so nice to hear from you and see photos of your boys! I can't believe how fast they've grown! I was thinking about how it was a year ago I found out I was pregnant with Jocelyn... that was the day you came home with Jacob! This means he's a year old and I couldn't believe it! He's walking?!? No WAY! Awesome!

I am sorry you haven't been feeling well. Stress doesn't help the situation! I have been feeling that... employment makes a difference, huh!? Derek was without a steady job for a while and it just wears on you after a while. I'm glad that Shane got a job!!! And you are my inspiration about loosing weight! I have still been sore from my c section and couldn't jump or do anything besides walk! And I want to be healthy! I keep telling myself, if Mary did it, then I can do it! You look amazing! And acne is a pain! I've had my share! Being prego gave me great skin! So, there's a FREE solution! hahaha ProActive is what worked for me- my mom was nice enough to pay for it since I was too poor...

You're voice will come back I'm sure. This is just a way for you to remember what a talent you have and how we all love hearing your beautiful voice! You don't appreciate things until their gone!

TVA isn't the same without you guys! That has been a hard concept for me to grasp... making such great friends and then they leave! But you get to start a new... meanwhile we're still hear and things don't change much. Bitter sweet on both ends! I think TVA is a once in a lifetime deal! Unless you live in student housing at a church campus the rest of your days, we'll never have so many people our age going through the same things just a wall away!

I'm glad you're gonna blog again! It is so fun to take a peak into each others lives! xoxox I love you Mary! Thanks for being such a wonderful example and friend! You're kids are so sweet! I miss being in Primary with Eli! He was my lil buddy! sillihilli@yahoo.com that's me!

Shanae said...

Mary,

I miss you soo!!!! I am glad you are blogging, it is a good way to stay in touch. Your boys are SOOOO CUTE!!! I am sorry you have not been feeling well, I am really nervous of the thought of moving from here and having to start a new. I know people get so excited about moving from here and starting their "real" life, but I am totally content living here FOREVER:) When we do plan a trip to WA we will have to make it up your way and see the fam. It was so crazy to see Shane here a few months ago, it really made me miss you tons. You are such an awesome women with so many talents. We need to do better about staying in touch!!!!

LOVE YA TONS!!

.Ang. said...

YAY!! you are back!!

I was so excited when i saw there was a new post on your blog! I was thinking about you a lot last week, I need your email address so i can drop you a line!!

i'm Sorry to hear of your struggles lately. But I am glad to hear that everything is looking up! We miss you guys around here! I miss watching backyardigans with Seth!!! It's crazy around here with the decrease in the man-child species. Everything is so much more girlie around here! :) We definitely miss the {boy}ds!

I am so excited to hear that we will be hearing more from you! i always love your updates and your pictures!

You are so beautiful! Miss you tons!!!

Angie

Erin said...

you and me both sista! I kinda feel lost without the hawaii group and there are MANY times where I totally break down and cry because I miss my hawaii family...yes FAMILY! All my great sisters, fake neices and nephews, all the hubbies...it's a hard adjustment huh? Don't worry, you are not alone in that! Your boys are getting so big, and jacob now has hair! that is CRAZY! James and I want to take a trip up the coast and come visit you guys next year! We miss you tons. And hello mary, you are always going to be oh so super sexy to me for real! I think somehow we need to make a big mainland get together and plan a vacation, how fun would that be?! Thanks for the life update...james is currently trying to find a second job and it's been like 5 months and nada...it really is a bummer and such a huge trial of our faith, but it's nice to know we are not alone! Glad you finished the twilight books and you have come to join the crazy obsessed club! I love you tons and so does James! We always are reminicing about all our good times. We were just talking about softball the other day and how hard it was for us wives to play with our hubbies and all the fights it caused cause we weren't pro! oh good timeS! miss you tons and love you more, glad things are falling into place now!

Keiko said...

Oh, Mary! I miss you, too!!! I remember the feeling . . . I missed Shanae, Leah, and you A LOT when I first moved. The E and D bldg gang. I might not mentioned how thankful I was for you all, but I'm SO thankful and blessed to have you and Shanae and Leah in my neighborhood. And the old 9th ward! I don't think there is another place like TVA, and I'm telling because we live in the same kind of environment but it's not the same! We still feel like hesitated to knock on neighbors door without calling them. We sold our X-BOX after awhile, we have settler, but we still don't have a friends to play with. Pretty pathetic when I think about it since we've been living here more than a year. O.K. I should stop. I hope your health gets better, and life gets easier with own space soon.

Oh, Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun,
Please shine down on me.
Oh Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun,
Hiding behind a tree
These little children are asking you
To please come out so we can play with you.
Oh Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun,
Please shine down on,
please shine down on,
Please shine down on me.

Kids like this song. I'm pretty sure your sun is just hiding behind a tree and still there! Love you and miss you TONS! We really have to visit Washington/Oregon ohana up there!

Leah Remillet said...

I'm SO happy to see you blogging!!! It was so great to see you guys this weekend. Taylor and I just kept talking about how we NEED you to move by us... You complete me! :-) And you know it too!

I really loved reading all the comment that our friends wrote. Seriously, you just can't duplicate TVA. We will all cherish those memories as some of our poorest and sweetest memories of life. Funny how that works, huh?

You are so loved, by so many. You are our sunshine - always there for anyone of us with your beautiful and contagious smile. I'm so glad that you have gotten to feel so many smiles comes your way now!

I'm so excited that Shane got the job, way to show em' who can climb shane-blane!

The girls really want to see the boys so lets try to plan a weekend visit soon!!! Especially before Shane is MIA for 6 weeks. When will that start?

LOVE YOU MY DEAR FRIEND, LOVE YOU!!!!!

Laura said...

Hi Mary
remember me from Hawaii so long ago? I saw your blog when I was on Noelle's and thought I'd "see" how you are, wow 3 boys now how fun is that?!! You look great and I had the same problem after moving from Hawaii there's never going to be another place like it, and I don't think I'll have as good of friends as I had while I was there. I sorry you haven't been feeling very good and I hope things turn brighter for you.
Laura