July 14, 2010

Jenn's 30th Birthday

This is Jenn. She is one of my sisters and the sister that I have known the longest. For all who know my family, you understand what I mean. She has gorgeous eyes and a beautiful singing voice. She has always been there for me. She had just moved to Chicago when her 30th Birthday had come. She didn't know anyone there and was basically trapped. I just felt so bad that she wasn't going to have a big bash for her 30th birthday. I was being all sappy to Shane and telling him how much I wished I could spend it with her, then he gone and done it again. He bought me a plane ticket (with built up airline miles but still). For those of you that know Shane, you also know that he is amazing to me. He has given the go ahead many times. Anything I've wanted to do, he has helped make it happen. This trip was amazing! Jenn picked Levi and I up and we got Red Robin and went back to her house. We stayed up, ate food, cooked together, and had lots of fun time to talk. While we were in Chicago, Jenn and I went and saw Eclipse. So, we couldn't control the laughter because there was dust on the film that made it look like Bella and Edward has pimples or moles on their faces. Bella was a victim of the Cindy Crawford mole! It was too funny, so we let the manager know and he refunded our money! Unbelievable! We were so excited. We went into town and had fun at the Aquarium, took a water taxi, and enjoyed a really really long walk. Okay, you don't understand, it was a really really long walk, but I loved it anyways. Jenn kept apologizing, but I just laughed. We really enjoyed our time. My favorite part was when 'Dick' (Jenn's GPS) got us turned around and lost driving through the never ending 'Projects'. It's funny now, but it was a little.... okay okay a lot bit scary when we had to get gas in the middle of the projects. HA! It was totally worth it to visit Jenn for her birthday, and indulge in a fantastic dessert platter together.













This guy just had to be put it here! Okay, so he was a sun burnt man that just LOVED his job. And by Loved I mean.... HATED! lol I'm sorry bud, but you made the scrapbook too!


2 comments:

karen said...

Happy birthday jenn !!! You're an amazing gal !
Wow ! What a great hubby ! So thoughtful for the plane tickets and etc !!

I'm sad that jenn doesn't live in tx anymore.. Was looking forward to see you two again.

Erin said...

what a fun trip! I want to go to chicago so bad! James loves it there! Looks like you had a blast, your little guy is getting so big!